, , , , , , ,

The Swedish Coffee Pot – Harbert, Michigan – Along Highway 12


The central tenet of my work, in both words and images, is to draw on the experiences I have had along the way and then use them as the basis upon which to comment about life; it is a recursive game I play.

Recently I came across my Great-Great Uncle’s autobiography about his coming to America from Sweden and over the course of a couple of weeks I read it multiple times.  At first I did this because it was fun to read family history but then I soon started understand that this was a rather rich archetype immigrant story.

As I read deeper I began to pick up the subtle inferences he inadvertently included and through those I gained a basic understanding about who he was and why. I can never know with certainty if he was kind or cruel, timid or brave, meager or generous, or loving or spiteful. But I can guess and I think you will like Carl.

Following his story I have added some of my observations and a few more details about the places he visited. If you have any thoughts about this story or are related to Carl either by birth, location, or experience please leave me a comment.

I have lightly edited his words with the bulk of the edits being restructuring changes that reveal the continuity of his narrative and adding the images.

This is a fun story. It is a beautiful story. It is an American Story. It is an excellent essay from and about life. And now, it is my great pleasure to give new life, to Carl’s life, 100 years after he arrived in America.

The Life and Times of Carl Anderson


I was born in Sweden in the parish of Högsäter, province of Dalsland, on Jan. 27th, 1894.

Högsäter, Sweden – Image by Per “Pixel” Petersson

My father’s name was Anders Magnus Janson. My mother’s name was Fredrika (nee Jacobson). Father was married two times. His first wife, Sofia, died young of typhus fever.

In the first marriage there were nine children, five died young the other four grew up and emigrated to Amerika. They are Erik Johan, Martin, Anna Justina, and Teoder.

There were eight children in the second marriage. They are Johan Helgo, Olga Fofia, Carl Hjalmar, John Jakob, Anders Julius, Henrik Walfrid, Hilda Paulina, Bror Wakdemar. All immigrated to America except Olga, she married in Sweden and is still there.

My father owned and worked a farm of about 150 acres. The livestock consisted of 12 to 16 cattle, 3 to 4 horses, hogs, sheep, chickens, geese, etc. We had no modern farm equipment, all field work was done with horses and some work had to be done with hand tools. Therefore, everybody had to work.

At twelve, I tried my best to do the work of a man. I started school when I was seven years old and graduated at twelve and was confirmed at thirteen and that was the end of my schooling, the year was 1908.

The same year Dad complained about not being as strong as before and tired more often, he thought it must be old age, he was sixty years old. Sometimes later it was discovered to be cancer and he passed away May 28th, 1909. Helgo, the oldest, was then nineteen years old. I was fifteen and Bror, the youngest, was two years old. We all worked to keep the family together and keep the farm going.

Helgo had to serve his time in the army when he was twenty one. [c. 1911]

In the spring of 1912, I had a bad cold and it developed into pneumonia and later pleurisy. I was in bed for three weeks before going to the hospital, it was then so far advanced that my left lung was filled with thick liquid and in order to drain the lung a large opening was cut in my back and the liquid drained for five months.

Helgo’s military service lasted only one year and he soon emigrated to the U.S.A. [c. 1912]

1914 – Emigration

In the spring of 1914 I had a decision to make, either to stay home and serve my time in the army, or emigrate to the U.S.A. I was then twenty years old. Now there was a bill pending in the Swedish Riksdag to lower the draft age from 21 to 20 years. Everyone felt it was sure to become a law and it did on the first vote. That meant I would be drafted in the summer.

That helped me to make my decision to emigrate as soon as possible.

I wrote Helgo and asked him to send me a ticket. He bought a ticket on the White Star Line. The ship was the Olympic, at that time the largest ship in the world. It was leaving Southampton July first. Everybody tried to discourage me not to go, but my mind was made up.

I left home Midsummer Day, June 24th. I left Gothenburg, Sweden June 26th on a steamer name Calypso. I landed in Hull, England on Sunday, June 28th. I traveled on train from Hull to London and then to Southampton where I stayed one day. I left Southampton on Wednesday July 1.

Steamship Calypso – Departing From Gothenburg – Gothenburg, Sweden

The Olympic made two stops before going to New York. First at Cherbourg, France, and next at Queenstown, Ireland and came to New York on Wed. July 8th. The next day I took a train to Chicago and the Duluth where I arrived on Sat. July 11th.

The RMS Olympic

1914 – The First Months

Helgo was working in Duluth and I stayed with him for a week. There were many boys in Duluth that I knew from home. There were two men from Högsäter that had been in Sweden for a visit, they came back on the Olympic with me. They were Fred Erickson, who had a large grocery store, and Ed Johnson who had a store and a small farm seven miles from Duluth at the place they call Five Corners.

Ed Johnson called one day and asked me to come and work for him.  I was happy to get work so I started the next day. He paid me $35.00 per month and board. I worked on the farm, drove his team of horses and he had two cows which I had to milk. Occasionally I drove to Duluth for merchandise for the store.

Part of his land had been in timber and it was covered large pine stumps and huge rocks. He wanted to clear that land. I had never used dynamite, but he bought boxes of 60% dynamite and showed me how to use it on stumps and pulverize the rocks.

All went well but it was rather dangerous project.  I did not get hurt.

In the fall when cold weather set in, Mr. Johnson had no work for me so I wrote to Helgo, who was now a blacksmith in a lumber camp near Remer, Minn. He wrote to me that I could start work there as his helper. The pay would be $24.00 per month and board. It was a good offer which I accepted and I arrived in the camp Nov. 23rd. 1914.

The camp was operated by the Weyerhaeuser Co. They had several camps, the one I was in had about 150 men. We slept in logs cabins about 50 men in each one. Each cabin was heated by a large stove in the middle of the cabin. There was a cabin for the kitchen and dining room.

There were twenty three teams of horses. Each teamster had to care for his team. There were about seventy hogs to consume the garbage from the kitchen. To keep warm the hogs would dig themselves into the manure piles. When the temperature went down to 45-50 below the hogs would run around screaming, keeping the whole camp awake.

The men were called to breakfast at five o’clock in the morning and started for the woods before daylight. Lunch was served to them in the woods. And they came home when it got too dark to work. Helgo and I worked hard repairing tools and horse shoeing. Many a night we had to work to 11-12 o’clock because the horses had to work in the daytime.

1915 – Anna and Swan

Towards Spring Helgo had to go to Duluth to consult a doctor and he had to stay in the hospital for a short time. I could not work alone so I was sent to another camp to be a night watchman on a steam loading hoist.

I did not know anything about a boiler, but there was one man in the camp, who could talk Norwegian, and he explained to me what to do and all went well.

When spring came the camp closed and everybody left to find work for the summer. I went to Anna and Swan in Keewatin. Swan was working for a firm that was doing some cleaning up in an open mining pit. They employed about twenty men, one steam shovel, and one locomotive. I was offered a job in the track gang at $2.00 pr. day. We worked outside and most of the time it was raining or snowing.

I soon made up my mind to quit. I was worried about my health.

Looking South On Main Street – 1909 – Keewatin, Minnesota

Then I went to Chisholm, a mining town not far from Keewatin. It was my luck to find work in a mining pit where stripping was done. My work was to help around a large steam shovel. There were three men operating the shovel and six on the ground. We worked from 6 pm to 6 am, 12 hours and the pay was $2.25 per day. I worked there for eight weeks.

By this time Helgo had gone to Litchfield, Minn., which is about 75 miles west of Minneapolis. Here he intended to open a blacksmith shop. I went there too and started to work for a farmer and I stayed with him all summer. In the fall I joined a threshing crew and that lasted for about two months.

Then I went to Duluth, Helgo was there already working in a garage. After a few weeks I got work in a grocery wholesale house moving stock. The pay was 22 cents pr. Hour and we worked overtime almost every night and the weekly pay amounted to $12-14. I worked there from Oct. to Jan. 24th 1916.

1916 – Arizona

Martin was now in Ajo, Arizona working on a diamond drill prospecting for copper. He wrote and said that there is a big plant to be built in Ajo. Helgo decided to go to Ajo at once and I did not like to stay in Duluth alone so I went with him.

It was then 30 degrees below in Duluth and in Ajo it was summer.

There were about 40-50 white men and ten of them were married. The men were diamond drillers, miners, prospectors, and rangers. The rest were Mexicans and Indians. Helgo started to work seven miles from Ajo where the New Cornelia Copper Co. was sinking a water well.  The construction on the main plant did not start before May 1st. People started to come from all over and before long there 2000 men Ajo, all kinds of tradesmen and many never worked. The wages were good, the lowest pay for white men was $5.00 per day.

All went fine for eight months.

The New Cornelia Copper Company c. 1922

Then all of the sudden a strike was called, not by the union, but by the I.W.W. Some of the workers left but most remained and finally went back to work although the picket lines were still active. There were many fights and many were hurt.  Finally a new sheriff was elected and made he made it his business to drive the pickets away and this he did at gunpoint.

From then on it was peaceful.

1917 – War and School

At first I was installing air and water lines for the construction. The locomotives came in and I asked for work as a fireman and I was the first one to be put on. It was easy work, firing was done with crude oil. This was the year 1917 and America was at war and the draft call came.

Fifteen young men met one evening and decided to enlist. I was one of them. The next day we went to Phoenix to enlist in the Air Corps. Only two were accepted. The rest of us tried the Navy but it was filled up.  Helgo went back to Ajo to with for his call.

I had my belongings with me and I decided to go to Chicago. I stopped at the local board for Pima County in Tucson and told them that I was going to Chicago. They said go, you can have your physical examination in Chicago but when we call you, you come here.

So I went to Chicago where I started school at North Park Academy in September 1917. I also worked part time on the elevated train as a guard.

1918 – More Education

In January 1918 I was called for my physical examination. I was put in class five due to the operation I had at home.

When school was closed in the spring I went to work for the Standard Steel Car Company in Indiana. In the fall of 1918 I started a one year term in the School of Engineering of Milwaukee, Wisconsin [ed. Milwaukee School of Engineering in Milwaukee, Wisconsin]  to learn electricity.

1920s – The End Of An Era and Marriage

After I finished the term I went to Chicago and worked as an electrician for one year. Then I had some money saved and went to Augustana Academy where I finished high school in two years. After that I came back to Chicago and started work for the Commonwealth Edison Company.

Old Main – Augustana Academy – Sioux Falls, SD

Then in 1924 I meet Miss Cora Magnuson. We kept company for one year and were married in June 1925.

I worked for Edison until the fall of 1929 when I started to work for a real estate firm as a salesman. It was a bad move because only a few weeks later the Depression came all of the sudden.

1930s – THE Great Depression Years

The stock market went down, banks closed, people lost money and many committed suicide. Business came to a standstill and people were laid off all over. There was no work to be had in or near Chicago.

In December of 1930 I went west to try my luck, first in Arizona and then in California. Finally after a few weeks I got work with the Pacific, Gas, & Electric Company in a substation at Irvington not far San Jose. I worked there for six months until the station was completed.

Then my brother John and I drove to Chicago. Helgo at that time was working at the Dresden Locks on the Illinois River. I got work there for four to five months. Next I worked in a filling station on Western Avenue. Then I worked as a millwright for Curtis Candy Company and after that for Swift & Company.

In 1937 I went back to Commonwealth Edison Company as a rigger and later as an electrician.

1940s – Stability

When the war started in 1941 I was laid off. I then got a working permit form Electrical Union 134 and worked for different contractors on war plants. The last place of employment was with Minneapolis Honeywell Company where I worked until the war ended.

Then in 1946 we bought the Swedish Coffee Pot and moved to Harbert, Michigan.

Now, in 1966, I am trying to sell the Swedish Coffee Pot and retire.

A Few Thoughts

Karl Andersson (later Americanized to Carl Anderson) was the half-brother of my Great-Great Grandmother Anna Andersdotter (later Americanized to Anna Anderson and by marriage to Anna Johnson). In 1996, Carl at age 72 wrote a 6 page autobiography that recapped his emigration from Sweden and subsequent life here in America.

His story, while told with brevity, is chock full of details that were significant to how his life played out. After a number of readings I came to think about the white spaces in the narrative as much as the actual words. The clarity of his narrative is only partly due to the simplicity of the telling; going deeper, the effortless clarity comes from him being able to recall these events as if they just happened. These words are the wet plaster where the commingled pigments of Sweden and America were painted and that when set became a permanent fresco of this man’s life.

When we write we tend to inadvertently and quite blindly leak commentary that revels much about us; Carl is no different. In particular are found references that highlight how the harsh economic and social situation affected Carl and by reference the entire family. When Carl spoke about having to do the work of a man at age 12 you can feel his frustration. And when he mentioned how they struggled to keep the family together after his father died one can also feel his deep concern about losing each other permanently.

Using coffee shop, back of the envelope calculations, about one million Swedes immigrated to America between 1865 and 1915 or roughly about 20,000 per year in search of social freedom and economic opportunity. On the surface losing one half of one percent that hovered around 5,000,000 each year may not seem to be that big a deal and even advantageous for those left behind.

However, if one considers that Sweden experienced a net annual population increase of around 50,000 (live births less deaths) each year during this period the impact of the 20,000 that emigrated each year becomes clear. Each year 40% of the most vital part of the society was leaving.

That was a big deal. So big in fact that it caused Swedish society to completely rework itself in the 20th century from one that was autocratic, religiously intolerant, and economically disparate to one that today is a paragon of egalitarian progressiveness. I don’t find this change driven by any sense of benign goodness, rather the stark truth was if these reforms hadn’t occurred the place would mostly likely be populated today by a few drunk Vikings wannabes and a 17 reindeer.

The basic point here is both parts of Ander’s family could easily have been the poster children for this wholesale migration. The deck was really stacked in favor of them leaving the country.

By 1900, the time when the four eldest children began leaving Sweden, they had experienced their mother and infants dying, their father remarrying and then five new brothers and sisters. The reality of everyday life on those 150 acres must have been crowded, exhausting, and ultimately one where they faced this bleak cycle of poverty and death renewed at their expense.

It seems implausible that they were not fully aware of the promise of America through letters, shipping company handbills, and returning visitors about how the plentiful land was similar too but better than that in Sweden and that jobs were plentiful with comparatively high wages.

Further, the sheer number of Swedish people in the upper Mid-West must have been a reassuring detail that partially gave the illusion that emigrating was less about leaving Sweden and more about joining friends on a grand adventure

These types of factors seem to support and validate why they emigrated. The most potent proof is the fact that 12 out 13 children came to America and effectively eradicated this family from the Swedish landscape.

For the second wave of children the pull of these forces must have been irresistible and inevitable. After all they would have heard all of the previous things but with the added richness that their siblings were prima facie evidence that the emigration propaganda was true. Carl directly commented on this not so subtle shift in economic fortune when he wrote to Helgo asking for a ticket.

His brother Helgo was clearly a major influence on his life up to about 1918 and their bond serves as a concrete example of the larger bonds that appear to have kept not only the 12 siblings in contact but to some degree the larger Swedish Diaspora.

Other examples of these persistent connections surface in the narrative when Carl mentions staying with Anna and Swan, connecting with Martin in Ajo, Arizona and traveling with John, presumably around the Western States and then to Chicago, during the Great Depression years.

I also found further examples in a few small Swedish and American newspaper articles where it was mentioned that Paulina was married in Carl’s home in Chicago and from the much later obituaries that listed most of the various siblings. To some degree modern communication allowed this to happen but the core reason to stay in touch came from within. I get the sense that they may have grew up poor in money but rich in family bonds.

Another aspect noted in Carl’s story is that he lived during an extraordinary period in history. He was born on the cusp of the 20th century into an agricultural existence that fundamentally had not changed in several thousand years. Then 83 years later, when he passed away the world was highly industrialized, had survived two world wars, weathered the economic collapse of the Great Depression, had ubiquitous mass media, communication and travel, had witnessed men on the moon, and was about to morph once again into a world of technology and information.

There is an interesting commentary in his autobiography in that he doesn’t acknowledge these stunning changes. Instead the few he does mentions are done in passing; much in the same manner he used when discussing the hardships of living in the logging camps. In that silence I hear a people who were supremely adaptable and possessed a certain character that allowed them to face these challenges with practicality and perseverance. Tom Brokaw was right when he called this generation of Americans, native and immigrant, The Greatest Generation.

On their backs we stand and owe much.

I find it fascinating about how much time he spends discussing his life up to his mid-twenties and then proceeds to blow through the next 45 years as if he wasn’t present; the last 30 years, after he bought the coffee shop, are completely ignored.

In mathematical terms he spends 85% of his time up to his mid-twenties with the balance of his life getting 15%. This ratio is so out of balance that he barely mentions his wife and never mentions he had two sons. I vacillate between two points of view as to why his autobiography is so structured.

This imbalance may be intentional. I can’t imagine that he did not fully grasp that he lived a pretty extraordinary life until his mid-twenties and that he wanted to emphasize this classic story of being young, an immigrant, and having the adventure of a lifetime. After 1920 his has some education, a steady job, gets married; by comparison his life is rather average. One can assume that he decided that it didn’t warrant much comment. How many times can one mention that he ordered coffee for the shop?

The other place I end up is something profoundly human. I think there is a point in our lives when our biology tips with the result that our ability to reach for the stars and grab them begins to fade. At that point everything up to then becomes fixed in our heads with crystal clarity for all time. I have lived that experience and I recognize it in how Carl wrote about his life. I want to believe with all my heart that when he wrote the first section that his pulse quickened and in his mind he unwound the decades and became that young man once again who left everything to become everything.

Thank you Carl. Thank you.

A Few Notes


This is lifted from a translated Wikipedia article. The simple parts are reasonably clear while the more complex parts are rendered pretty much incomprehensible by the translation. What seems correct is that this area is still quite rural. You now know everything I know and it ain’t much.

Högsäters parish in Dalsland included in Valbo district and is since 1974 a part of färgelanda municipality .

Parish area is 120.13 square kilometers , of which 115.05 country. In 2000 there were 1352 inhabitants. The urban area Högsäter the parish church Högsäters church is located in the parish.

The parish has medieval origins. At the municipal reform of 1862 it became the parish’s responsibility for ecclesiastical questions to Högsäters Assembly and the bourgeois issues formed Högsäters rural municipality . Country municipality was expanded in 1952 and was in 1974 in Färgelanda municipality.

Some settlements from the Stone Age have been found. From the Bronze Age there are scattered barrows and bowl pit deposits . From Iron Age , there are 16 burial grounds.

The name was first written in 1382 as Höghäsätär and comes from a settlement at the church. The name refers to high mountain pastures.

The Calypso

The Calypso which carried Carl Gothenburg, Sweden and Hull, England was built in 1904 and sunk by a German U-Boat July 11, 1916. While Calypso’s could carry 91 1st and 2nd class passengers its real bread and butter passengers were the 200 steerage and an additional 570 people carried on the between deck when there it was not being used for freight.

The Olympic

The Olympic was owned by the White Star Line which also owned the Titanic. Unlike the Titanic, the Olympic had a full and useful life as transatlantic passenger liner and in World War I as a British troop ship. In 1936 she was dismantled to provide jobs during the Great Depression.

The Iron Range

The Iron Range is a region of Northern Minnesota that contained vast amounts of iron ore. The part that was home to my family and where Carl spent time is known as the Mesabi Range and is located in St. Lois and Itasca counties.


Keewatin, while on the peripheral to Carl’s story, is central to mine since this is where both sides of my family settled in the early 1900s and were finally physical extinguished when my Mother’s sister, Marilyn Kaasa (nee Muster – April 13, 1931 — June 29, 2010) passed away.

It should be noted the my Grandparents on my Mother’s side, Joseph and Angeline Muster were also were life long residents of Keewatin.  In fact both sets of my Grandparents lived across an alley from each other.

The primary reason Keewatin came into existence around 1906 were the open pit iron ore mines. Over hundred years later this is still true though the pure ore has long been extracted.

Home of Walter and Violet Johnson (aka My Grandparents) – On Right – Keewatin, MN

New Cornelia Mine – Ajo, Arizona

A number of attempts to mine the copper found in this region began in the 1850s and repeatedly failed because of the remote location, lack of transportation, swindlers, cheats, and scoundrels. In other words it was a perfectly normal wild west mine. In 1911 the Calumet and Arizona Company took over, named it the New Cornelia Mining Company and make the place work for decades.

The General Manager of the New Cornelia was John Campbell Greenway.  Prior to taking this position he was the General Superintendent of the J. J. Hill mining operation on the Mesaba Range in northern Minnesota. As part of his work he set up the town of Coleraine in 1906. For those of you with sharp eyes you will immediately realize that Coleraine is a mere 23 miles west of Keewatin where my great-great grandparents and both sets of my grandparents lived, and my parents were born. For those keeping score Keewatin was founded in 1906.

Labor Strikes – Arizona

The roots of the strike Carl wrote about began with a rise in copper prices in 1915 and the workers in response asking for an increase in wages. The mining companies, with great understanding and sensitivity, told the miners to shut up and get back to work. As can be expected this did not end well, and in particular, for the miners.

This round of strikes ended with the Phelps Dodge President, another mining company in the area, declaring, in reference to the miners, that “you can’t compromise with a rattlesnake.” After that he promptly rounded up 1200 of them in Bisbee, Arizona and shipped them off to New Mexico. This was clearly against law and the mining companies completely got away with this action.

Augustana Academy

While Carl does not state where Augustana Academy was located I am pretty sure the one he attended was located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. When he was there it was part high school and part seminary and catered to people of Scandinavian background.

Harbert, Michigan

At the age of 52 Carl bought the Swedish Coffee Pot and more or less served coffee the rest of his life. I suspect that in his travels he came across the spot and fell in love with it. The building pictured in the postcard still stands and is immediately recognizable. Today it is home to the Seasons Harvests company and is located at 13686 Red Arrow Highway, Harbert, Michigan 49115.

The Swedish Coffee Pot Today – Harbert, Michigan

A Selected Family Tree for Karl and Anna

Below is the branch of my family beginning with Carl’s father down to my father and his brothers. I have a few other records that expand on this branch but I left them out as I wanted to capture my relationship to Carl and his brothers and sisters.


Anders Magnus Jansson

  • 11/14/1848 – 5/28/1909
  • Bärby, Sweden – Farmer

Sofia Johannesdotter

  • 1851 – 1887
  • 1873 Married (Ander’s 1st Marriage)
  •  Children
    • Erik Johan Andersson (4/10/1877 Högsäter, Sweden – 10/??/1912 or 9/15/1913 USA)
    • Martin Andersson (2/28/1879 Högsäter, Sweden – 4/20/1954 or 7/7/1966 USA)
    • Anna Justina Andersdotter (1/3/1882 Högsäter, Sweden – 1/3/1972, Keewatin, MN)
    • Teodor Andersson (2/21/1886 Högsäter, Sweden – 8/16/1969 USA)
    • 5 Died Young

Fredrika Jakobsdotter

  • 10/16/1864 – 7/19/1922
  • Fjällsäter, Sweden
  • 1888 Married (Ander’s 2nd Marriage)
  •  Children
    • [Johan?] Helgo Andersson (12/27/1889 Högsäter, Sweden – 3/8/1962 or 5/11/1968 USA)
    • Olga Sofia Andersdotter (10/5/1891 Högsäter, Sweden – 6/26/1977 Sweden)
    • Karl Hjalmar Andersson (1/27/1894 Högsäter, Sweden – 1/2/1977 Harbert, Michigan)
    • Jon Jakob Andersson (11/19/1896 Högsäter, Sweden – 12/18/1986 Chicago, IL)
    • Anders Andersson (4/10/1899 Högsäter, Sweden – 5/21/1940 USA)
    • Henrik Andersson (12/2/1901 or 12/2/1902 Högsäter, Sweden – 9/5/1983 Chicago, IL USA)
    • Hilda Paulina Andersdotter (2/10/1904 Högsäter, Sweden – 5/151965 Chicago, USA)
    • Bror Andersson (9/2/1907 Högsäter, Sweden – 1993 Gallesburg, IL)


Sven Elof Johansson (Swan Johnson)

  • 6/11/1885 Backarys, Blekinge, Sweden – 10/17/1968 Keewatin, MN, USA
  • Immigrated to, America

Anna Justina Andersdotter (Anna Anderson / Anna Johnson)

  • Anders Magnus Jansson and Sofia Johannesdotter – Parents
  • 1/3/1882 Högsäter, Sweden – 1/3/1972 Keewatin, MN, USA
  • 5/12/1903 Immigrated to America
  • 10/15/1908 Married – Hibbing, MN
  • 1912 Moved to Keewatin, MN
  •  Children
    • Evelyn Johnson (Evelyn C. Pearson) (9/20/1909 Keewatin, MN – 2002 Burns, OR)
      • She was an RN
    • Walter Johnson (6/13/1911 Keewatin, MN – 1986 Keewatin, MN)
    • Wilbert Johnson (2/22/1915 Keewatin, MN – ??/??/???? Lufkin, TX)
    • Norma Johnson (Norma Prosnick) (9/1/1921 Keewatin, MN – 4/17/1997 Minneapolis, MN 55406)


Karl Hjalmar Andersson (Carl Anderson)

  • Anders Magnus Jansson and Fredrika Jakobsdotter – Parents
  • 1/27/1894 Högsäter, Sweden – 1/2/1977 Harbert, Michigan

Cora Magnusson

  • 2/17/1900 – 12/11/1965
  • 6/23/1923 or 6/20/1925 Married USA
  • Children
    • Morris Edward Andersson (1/21/1928)
    • Stanley Carl Andersson (8/20/1930 – 1999?)


Walter Anders Johnson

  • Swan and Anna Johnson – Parents
  • 6/13/1911 Keewatin, MN – 8/1/1986 Keewatin, MN

Violet Elvira Johnson

  • Anton and Lydia Holman – Parents
  • 1/21/1912 Hibbing, MN – 3/20/1996 Keewatin, MN
  • 3/17/1931 Married
  • Children
    • Walter Roger Johnson ( – 7/26/2008)
    • Arden Richard Johnson ( – 3/18/2009)
    • Sherwood Robert Johnson (5/8/1937 – 2/21/2002)

Copyright 2015 – Katherine Johnson – All Rights Reserved